Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Best of my love

On Friday it will be our eleven year wedding anniversary. Since I've blogged before about my marriage proposal I thought I'd write about our wedding. We met during high school where he went to the boy's school across the road from my all girl's school. After much checking each other out on public transport, elbows dug into friends ribs to covertly point each other out and the inevitable flirting that followed, we were finally boyfriend and girlfriend.

We had a really long courtship. Too long really. We were sixteen when we met, engaged at twenty-five and married at twenty-seven. I will say that it gave us ample time to save! Anyway, we studied, worked, travelled, my mum kept saying we lived in each other's pockets, and then finally got around to the big day.

Our wedding took place in a bluestone church where my primary school was affiliated.


It's where I had my communion and confirmation. My husband also had ties with this church so we had a lot of history there.

Our ceremony was taking place at 1pm, and I had a gorgeous couture gown made by Angelina Baccini. We had a fairly large wedding party, four bridesmaids and groomsmen, and three flower girls. After the wedding ceremony we left for our photo's and headed to a cafe on Bridge road in Richmond. Sadly this cafe is now closed - or it's changed into a completely different one to what it was. By late afternoon we got to Werribee mansion where our reception was taking place.

Together with our wedding party we roamed around the gardens and allowed the photographers to take our 'strictly commanded' candid wedding photo's. At 6.30pm the reception started, and we lucked out with a sensational DJ that brought the house down with his music. It was literally one of the best nights of my life and unforgettable. The only thing that went wrong was that I forgot my written speech at home and had to hastily write something whilst I ate dinner.

So eleven years on from that day and night have been wonderful. I am going to add a however here. The first year of our marriage was the hardest. I honestly didn't think we were going to see our first anniversary. Anyway, we kept going. We've managed to buy some properties, excel at work and travel. We held off having children, but now we have two beautiful littlies.

So now, with our eleven year anniversary upon us I can sit and reflect blog about it all. Stop and truly see that I am blessed and appreciate what I have.
Happy anniversary babe. Even after all these years you still make my heart skip a beat and my skin hum. You once told me that I am your life, you are mine also.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...